Articles on this Page
- 04/13/15--04:22: _Visit Famous Essex ...
- 04/17/15--00:46: _Have You Signed Up ...
- 04/24/15--10:32: _New Hall School Con...
- 04/29/15--09:27: _Is Bad Drainage Des...
- 05/05/15--13:02: _Essex’s Hardened Fi...
- 05/18/15--08:26: _The Beaulieu Park E...
- 06/03/15--01:54: _Southend Is The Mos...
- 06/10/15--04:15: _Is Essex Now The Be...
- 06/15/15--02:27: _Grayson Perry’s Hou...
- 06/24/15--14:05: _Semi-detached Homes...
- 07/15/15--13:39: _Travellers Occupy B...
- 07/23/15--01:21: _Canvey Residents St...
- 07/23/15--05:57: _Want To Extend Your...
- 07/27/15--03:01: _Inheritance Tax Cha...
- 08/11/15--12:44: _Reasons Why Essex i...
- 08/11/15--12:10: _Essex Homeowners Ma...
- 07/09/15--02:31: _Is Your Inheritance...
- 09/08/15--06:11: _Basildon Town Guide
- 10/26/15--04:35: _Outdoor Ice Skating...
- 10/27/15--04:16: _Is Your Business Re...
- 04/13/15--04:22: Visit Famous Essex Film Locations
- 04/17/15--00:46: Have You Signed Up To The Essex Outdoor Cinema?
- 04/24/15--10:32: New Hall School Continues to Impress in Essex
- 04/29/15--09:27: Is Bad Drainage Destroying Essex Roads?
- 05/05/15--13:02: Essex’s Hardened Field Defences of World War II
- 05/18/15--08:26: The Beaulieu Park Expansion and Luxury Old Lodge Court Development
- 06/03/15--01:54: Southend Is The Most Pest-Free Place In The UK
- 06/10/15--04:15: Is Essex Now The Best Place To Live In The UK?
- 06/15/15--02:27: Grayson Perry’s House For Essex Becomes Holiday Home
- 06/24/15--14:05: Semi-detached Homes Drive Property Price Rise In Essex
- 07/15/15--13:39: Travellers Occupy Braintree Tennis Club and Football Club
- 07/23/15--01:21: Canvey Residents Struggling To Keep Drains Clear
- 07/23/15--05:57: Want To Extend Your Home in Essex? Know Your Rights
- 07/27/15--03:01: Inheritance Tax Changes Are Good News For Essex Homeowners
- 08/11/15--12:44: Reasons Why Essex is A Better Place To Live Than London
- 08/11/15--12:10: Essex Homeowners Make The Most Of The Sunshine
- 07/09/15--02:31: Is Your Inheritance Safe?
- 09/08/15--06:11: Basildon Town Guide
- 10/26/15--04:35: Outdoor Ice Skating in Essex
- 10/27/15--04:16: Is Your Business Ready For Auto-Enrolment?
Essex has been used as the setting for several of Hollywood’s biggest films. From Brannigan to World War Z, when you visit Essex you’ll tread the same streets as some of cinema’s leading stars. Four Weddings and a Famous Backdrop When people think of famous filming locations in the United Kingdom (UK), many will immediately…
If you are on Faceook you have probably seen a post about an outdoor cinema that is being held in town – although as yet, full details not announced. According to Facebook, 11,000 are going in Essex, during an event that is running from 5th June until the 30th September. This event is still in…
Students at historic New Hall School have kick-started 2015 with a range of impressive achievements and events. Join them for a series of concerts this summer.
We discuss the current poor state of the country’s roads due to the lack of coordinated investment, and how poor drainage is potentially a worse problem than potholes!
During the throes of World War II the UK was braced for attack. As the war progressed Essex’s hardened field defences became key to how the UK protected itself.
Beaulieu Park has long been a popular place to live, and the upcoming expansion looks to elevate its status even further.
The post The Beaulieu Park Expansion and Luxury Old Lodge Court Development appeared first on Essex Portal.
According to a study it seems that if you want to avoid vermin and insects, Southend is your best bet. The problems with pest control in the UK are getting worse. Areas like London and Birmingham are now hot spots for pests, while Southend-on-Sea had the lowest amount of reports between 2013 and 2014. Recent…
It used to be where affluent Londoners moved after working hard for years, but Essex is now attracting a much younger demographic.
The Chelmsford born artist has unveiled his holiday home project A House For Essex, or the ‘gingerbread house’ as local residents are calling it. Love it or hate it you have to admit it’s something special.
The post Grayson Perry’s House For Essex Becomes Holiday Home appeared first on Essex Portal.
The price of semi-detached homes rose at the fastest rate of any property type in England and Wales in the year to the end of April, according to the latest Land Register data. The value of semis rose by 5.6% over the year, ahead of flats (up 5.4%) and detached homes (up 5.1%). Overall, property…
The post Semi-detached Homes Drive Property Price Rise In Essex appeared first on Essex Portal.
This morning BBC Essex reported the shocking news that a group of travellers had broken into Braintree football club and the neighbouring lawn tennis club and set up camp. The tennis club has been forced to close, potentiality cancelling kids holiday clubs as well as members sessions. A spokesperson for the tennis club said that floodlights…
The post Travellers Occupy Braintree Tennis Club and Football Club appeared first on Essex Portal.
Homeowners unaware of responsibilities to maintain drainsMajor flooding issues on Canvey could have been added to by hundreds of residents failing to maintain drains on their own land. Many of these residents were completely unaware of any responsibility to do so in the first place. Riparian Landowners A resident who owns land next a river,…
Permitted Development Home Improvements – What You Can Do We have recently reported how property prices in Essex are continuing to rise as the county continues to be one of the most sought after in the country. The high cost of family homes in the region means that it is now cheaper to extend a…
The post Want To Extend Your Home in Essex? Know Your Rights appeared first on Essex Portal.
Earlier this month it was confirmed changes will be put it place to raise the tax threshold to £1 million for married couples and civil partners leaving property. This is excellent news for home owners in Essex, a county where many large family homes are now approaching £1 million. David Johnson from Asset Wills explains how the news will affect the county.
The post Inheritance Tax Changes Are Good News For Essex Homeowners appeared first on Essex Portal.
Swap the city lights and dizzy property prices for a much better quality of living in the commuters’ favourite county, Essex
The post Reasons Why Essex is A Better Place To Live Than London appeared first on Essex Portal.
Why gardeners in Essex and the rest of the country benefit from this pursuit. How the area is drier than many think and what people spend on their gardens.
Essex is home to some of the most expensive properties in the UK and there are many wealther families. However, as families become more dispersed and distant, there is an increasing problem of disputes over wills. Peter Collins from LFC Risk and Insurance, an Essex company that provides business and individuals with bespoke insurance and…
Think you know everything about Basildon? We bet you don’t! Check out this guide to one of Essex’s most popular towns.
An ever popular source of entertainment in the winter time, outdoor ice rinks have enjoyed a resurgence in recent years. But how are they put together and run?